Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 2 stick
- of butter (1 cup) softened
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar for rolling cookies
How to Make Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- 2Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- 3Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- 4Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- 5Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. ENJOY!!!