Chewy Sugar Cookies
I've made these for the church & they were all gone in no time. That tells me that the next time I make them, I'll need to make a lot more of them.
2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cgranulated sugar
1egg, we only buy jumbo eggs
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 Tbsppowdered sugar for decoration, optional
How to Make Chewy Sugar Cookies
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, & salt; set aside for now.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
Beat in the egg, then the vanilla.
Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoon, cut out a piece of the dough & roll it in your hands to form a ball.
(At this time, you can roll it in sugar or not. Depending on your preference. I don't care for that much sugar.)
Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. (175º C).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Remember, all stoves cook differently. It also depends a lot on your altitude & the humidity.