Chewy Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 Tbspbutter,room temp
1/2 cdark brown sugar,packed
1/2 c"grandmas" dark molasses
1 1/2 cflour
1 Tbsphershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 tspginger powder
1/4 tspground clove powder
1 Tbspfinely chopped crystalized ginger(and do not skip this part!)
8 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chewy Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Set oven to 350.
Cream butter and brown sugar.Add molasses and stir to blend.
- Add the dry ingredients:flour,baking soda,cocoa powder and spices,blending well with the butter/molasses mixture.
- Lastly,add in the choc chips,mixing till blended into the batter.
- Take dough by rounded teaspoons and put onto a greased cookie sheet.Leave a bit of room in between each one.
- Sprinkle pinches of white sugar on top of each cookie before baking.Can use colored sugars too!
- **Bake for betw about "11-15" min..OR until the tops are slightly cracked.
Careful not to overbake bec they will be too hard.
- **I played with the cooking times from the original recipe.Time varies for whatever reason.Naturally the size you make them effects the cooking time too.You may do as I do..and just watch carefully till done-always within the time frames listed.
Once they're done,be prepared to hide the goods! Warm ones are deadly!