Cherry Pecan Thumbprints
How to Make Cherry Pecan Thumbprints
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- 2Separate eggs, reserving egg whites in a separate bowl
- 3Cream butter, sugar, and egg yolk
Add vanilla, flour and salt and combine well.
- 4Shape dough into 24 balls. Dip balls in beaten egg white then roll in pecan pieces.
- 5Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and bake for about 5 minutes
- 6Remove sheets from oven and using thumb, make an indent in the top of each cookie. Add a cherry half, cut side down. Return to oven and bake an additional 6-8 minutes