Cherry Pecan Thumbprints
How to Make Cherry Pecan Thumbprints
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Separate eggs, reserving egg whites in a separate bowl
- Cream butter, sugar, and egg yolk
Add vanilla, flour and salt and combine well.
- Shape dough into 24 balls. Dip balls in beaten egg white then roll in pecan pieces.
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and bake for about 5 minutes
- Remove sheets from oven and using thumb, make an indent in the top of each cookie. Add a cherry half, cut side down. Return to oven and bake an additional 6-8 minutes