Caramel Rolo Rice Krispie Treats
Can you tell I’m good at math?
And they would be a great way to use up some leftover Halloween candy. Any candy with caramel and/or chocolate would be tasty in these – milky ways, snickers, Twix, M&Ms – the possibilities are endless!
How to Make Caramel Rolo Rice Krispie Treats
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
- Cut all Rolos into halves.
- Melt caramels, butter and milk together over medium-low heat.
- When melted and smooth, remove from heat, then add rice krispies and halved Rolos and mix well.
- Don't over mix, as the Rolos will soften from the heat and you don't want them to lose too much of their shape.
- Press into pan. Don't press down too much or the rice krispies will be hard when cool.
- Allow to cool, lift out of the pan with the parchment paper.
- Melt butterscotch chips in a bowl in the microwave, using 30 second increments so that it doesn't burn.
- Drizzle melted butterscotch across the top of the rice krispie treats.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, using 30 second increments so that it doesn't burn .
- Drizzle melted chocolate across the top of the rice krispie treats.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares.