Caramel Rolo Rice Krispie Treats
Can you tell I’m good at math?
And they would be a great way to use up some leftover Halloween candy. Any candy with caramel and/or chocolate would be tasty in these – milky ways, snickers, Twix, M&Ms – the possibilities are endless!
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 14 oz bag kraft caramels
- 6 c
- rice krispies
- 12 oz bag rolos
- 1 c
- butterscotch chips
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Caramel Rolo Rice Krispie Treats
- 1Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
- 2Cut all Rolos into halves.
- 3Melt caramels, butter and milk together over medium-low heat.
- 4When melted and smooth, remove from heat, then add rice krispies and halved Rolos and mix well.
- 5Don't over mix, as the Rolos will soften from the heat and you don't want them to lose too much of their shape.
- 6Press into pan. Don't press down too much or the rice krispies will be hard when cool.
- 7Allow to cool, lift out of the pan with the parchment paper.
- 8Melt butterscotch chips in a bowl in the microwave, using 30 second increments so that it doesn't burn.
- 9Drizzle melted butterscotch across the top of the rice krispie treats.
- 10Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, using 30 second increments so that it doesn't burn .
- 11Drizzle melted chocolate across the top of the rice krispie treats.
- 12Allow to cool, then cut into squares.