Caramel Cashew Thumbprints
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 Tbspbutter, softened
2/3 clight brown sugar
1 1/3 cflour
1 largeegg white
1 1/2 csalted cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
1 1/2 cdulce de leche milk caramel
2 ozmilk chocolate
1/2 tspvegetable shortening
How to Make Caramel Cashew Thumbprints
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add the flour and mix well.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg white with the water and mix with a fork until blended. Place cashews in a medium shallow bowl.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Dip the balls in the egg white and water mixture, then roll in the cashews to coat.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheets 2-inches apart. With a measuring spoon, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until the edges are set and cookies are lightly browned. If necessary, redefine the indentations with a clean measuring spoon. Cool on pan for 1 minute, then move to a wire rack.
- Place the Dulce de leche milk caramel in a pastry bag (or plastic bag) fitted with a star tip and fill the indentation of each cookie.
- In a small bowl, microwave the milk chocolate with the vegetable shortening for 20 - 45 seconds or until melted.
- Drizzle the melted milk chocolate around the edges of the cookies, then allow to rest until chocolate is set. Enjoy!