Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
How to Make Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- 1Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- 2In a large bowl with an electric mixer or a food processor, beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy.
Add flour, ground pecans, vanilla and salt and beat just until it forms a smooth dough.
- 3Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow it to firm up just enough to shape.
- 4Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
By hand, roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- 5Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten very slightly (to about 1/2-inch thickness) with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the glass (If you have a cookie stamp, you can use it to flatten the cookies instead of the glass)
- 6Place sheets in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until set and very lightly browned on the bottom.
Remove from pan and let cool on a rack.