How to Make Butter Cookies
- 1Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
- 2Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- 3Add the flour and mix just until incorporated
- 4Scrape onto a lightly floured board and knead a few times, just until the dough smooths out.
- 5Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
- 6Before baking, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 7Line your baking sheets with parchment.
- 8Flour surface and roll dough out and cut with cookie cutters. Sprinkle with colored sugar sprinkles
- 9Bake until JUST beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 16-18 minutes.