Blueberry Crisp Cookies (with gluten free option)
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, loosely packed (or half that amoune of splenda brown blend)
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- quick-cooking oats (regular oats work too)
- 1 c
- whole wheat pastry flour (*see options below)
- 1 to 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 c
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
How to Make Blueberry Crisp Cookies (with gluten free option)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 2Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 3Stir in blueberries (gradually so you don’t have too many). Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased, Silpat, or parchment lined baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen
*If you are gluten free, substitute gluten free flour mix for the flour, and gluten free quick cooking oats.
You can also substitute sprouted whole wheat flour or half whole wheat, half white flour for the 1 cup flour.