- 1 lb
- butter, unsalted
- 2 bags 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (ghirardelli)
- 6 oz
- unsweeted chocolate (ghirardelli)
- 6 large
- 2 Tbsp
- instant coffee powder
- 2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract (penzys)
- 2 1/4 c
- sugar (c&h)
- 1 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour (king arthur)
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 3 c
- walnuts, chopped
- powdered sugar for dusting (c&h)
- 1 qt
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make AWESOME BROWNIES
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2Butter/grease and flour a 12x18x1-inch baking sheet.
- 3In the top of a double boiler over simmer watering melt together the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4Stir together (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl.
- 5Stir the warm chocolate mixture slowly into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 6In a separate bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. (I sift over the cooled chocolate mixture while I stir it in) Stir to combine and do not over mix.
- 7Toss the walnuts and 8 ounces of chocolate chips in a bowl with 1/4 cup of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter. Again stir to combine and do not over mix.
- 8Pour into the prepared baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake! Allow to cool thoroughly and refrigerate. Cut into serving pieces.
- 10After cut into serving pieces, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!