Almond Shortbread Snowballs
1/2 cslivered almonds
1 cbutter, softened
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cpowdered sugar
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Almond Shortbread Snowballs
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake almonds in a single layer in shallow pan 6 minutes or til toasted and fragrant, stir once half way through. Cool completely. Reduce oven to 325.
- Process almonds in food processor until finely ground. About 30 seconds.
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar. Beat well. Dough should be crumbly but if it's not, don't worry about it. It's likely due to your altitude and will be crumbly after the next step.
- Combine flour, salt and almonds: gradually add to butter mixture. Beating until well blended.
Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks. Cool 10 minutes more and roll in 1/2 cup powdered sugar.