Almond Joy Blondies
2 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 stickbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 clight brown sugar, packed
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 csweetened shredded coconut
1 csemisweet chocolate chips
1 cchopped almonds
How to Make Almond Joy Blondies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add both sugars and beat for another 3 minutes, until well incorporated. Add the eggs one by one, beating for 1 minute after each addition, then beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing just until they disappear into the batter. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chips, almonds and coconut. Scrape the batter into the buttered pan and use the spatula to even the top as best as you can. (An offset spatula works well here).
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the blondies comes out clean, and the top is a pretty golden brown. The sides will pull away from the pan a little bit. (It took 40 minutes in my oven).
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool completely. Cut into 4 rows lengthwise and 6 rows crosswise; store in an airtight container at room temperature.