2 cgranulated sugar
1 cbutter, melted (no substitutes)
2 call-purpose flour
2 1/2 tspalmond extract
1 csliced almonds (increase or decrease as desired)
1/2 cconfectioners sugar (optional)
How to Make Almond Bars
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly butter 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Add the butter, flour, and almond extract; mix well.
- Spread the batter in an even layer in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and dust the top with a light sprinkling of confectioner's sugar, if you wish. Leave cookies in the pan to cool completely.
- When cooled, cut into bars. (I usually cut 9 vertical rows and 4 horizontal rows, to get 36 bar cookies.)