Strawberry & Chocolate Brownies
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you love chocolate and strawberries, then you will LOVE these brownies. They taste like a chocolate covered strawberry. These are really moist and delicious! The Test Kitchen
STRAWBERRY & CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:
1/4 cchocolate (i used left over chocolate candies, otherwise just a break a bar down until you have about ½ cup)
2 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cdark brown sugar
1/4 cstrawberry jam (recipe as follows)
1/4 cdark chocolate chips
1/4 cdried cranberries
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM:
1/2 cfresh or frozen strawberries
3 Tbspsugar, divided
How to Make Strawberry & Chocolate Brownies
- In a small saucepan, boil down strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar for homemade jam. This will take about 8-10 minutes. Once the fruit has boiled down and thickened remove at once and transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in one more tablespoon of sugar and set aside to cool down completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line an 8-inch glass dish with parchment paper coming up the sides. Butter the parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt down chocolate and butter. Once melted stir in canola oil and sugars. If the mixture is still hot, let it sit for a few minutes to cool a bit before adding the eggs.
- Add eggs, stirring after each. Add homemade jam and flour. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Pour batter into lined baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Lift brownies out of baking dish immediately and transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely before slicing.
If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee.