Soft and Chewy Smores Bars
Bunny's Warm Oven Blog
These are delicious and so easy to make. After the dough is made for the base of the dessert, saving half for the top, it's just candy bars and marshmallows for the filling. How easy is that!
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/3 cflour
3/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
1 tspbaking powder
4 (15/8 ozmilk chocolate candy bars ( i used hersheys )
3 cminiature marshmallows
How to Make Soft and Chewy Smores Bars
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well blended in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Unwrap chocolate bars; arrange over baked layer. They may not quite all fit, you may be forced to eat a couple pieces. Sprinkle with marshmallows. ( You can break small chunks of the dough off and sprinkle it on top. I chose to take pieces in my fingers and flatten them out a bite and then lay them on top of the marshmallows to cover it better.) Scatter remaining dough over the marshmallows, forming a top layer.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool compleletly before cutting.