☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 family size package fudge brownie mix
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon mccormick pure peppermint extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- crushed peppermint candies
How to Make Peppermint Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in foil lined 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
- 2Cook 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 3Meanwhile, beat confectioners sugar with 7 tablespoons of melted butter, the cream, and peppermint extract in a large bowl on medium speed with electric mixer until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over the cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Microwave the Chocolate and the remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter on high 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.