I've made a lot of her recipes and they are easy to make and always taste good. These brownies are my favorites,even my little brother likes them and he hardly eats anything.
My mom always tells me to cut the brownies in smaller pieces,the recipes says 20,but they are pretty large.
My mom doesn't like nuts so I usually leave the nuts out.My friends don't like nuts either.
·1 pound unsalted butter
·1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chip chips
·6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
·6 extra large eggs
·3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
·2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
·2 1/4 c sugar
·1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
·1 tablespoon baking powder
·1 teaspoon salt
·3 cups chopped pecans
How to Make Outrageous Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 12 x 18 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Melt together the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter. Pour into the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake! Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into 20 large squares.