Lo Cal Mocha Chocolate Mousse
How to Make Lo Cal Mocha Chocolate Mousse
- 1In a saucepan whisk together the evaporated milk, cocoa, coffee, 2 Tblsp. sugar, egg yolks, and salt until smooth. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. This should take about 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour mixture into a bowl, cover & cool for 1 hour.
- 3When chocolate mixture is cool, beat egg whites in a bowl until foamy. Add remaining 1 Tblsp. sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- 4Stir one-fourth of the whites into chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the remainder.
- 5Spoon into six glasses and chill at least two hours. Top with a dollop of whipped topping and a bit of grated chocolate if desired before serving.