CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE CHEESECAKE
This looks very lengthy but is quite easy.
- 1 1/2
- cups finely crushed oreo cookies
- tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounce blocks philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4
- cups granulated sugar
- large eggs-room temperature
- cup sour cream
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips-divided
- cup seedless raspberry preserves, plus 2 tablespoons-divided
- cup heavy whipping cream
- cups fresh raspberries
- chocolate butterflies or fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- butterfly directions included
How to Make CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE CHEESECAKE
- 2In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined. Add eggs, one at a time on low speed just until well blended. Set aside 1 and 1/2 cups of the batter, pour remaining batter over crust
- 3In a microwavable bowl melt 8 ounces chocolate chips, stir in 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves until blended, add to the reserved batter. Drop by tablespoons over the plain batter (do not swirl). Place spring form pan in a large baking pan; add 1-2 inches of hot water to larger pan.
- 4Bake at 325* for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Remove spring form pan for water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen, cool 1 hour longer, release ring but do not remove, refrigerate overnight.
- 5For Ganache topping; place remaining 8 ounces chocolate chips in a small deep bowl. In a small sauce pan bring cream just to a boil; pour over chocolate and allow to sit for a minute or two, whisk until smooth, cool slightly. Relatch the spring form ring around the cheesecake and spoon a 1/4 inch layer of the ganache on top, put back in refrigerator.
- 6Allow the remaining ganache to slightly stiffen by refrigerating, spoon into a ziplock bag or decorating tube fitted with a star tip. When ganache will hold its shape pipe stars or "S" design around the top edge of cheesecake. Remove the ring from the cheesecake prior to piping
- 7Assemble and mound the fresh raspberries in the center. Microwave the remaining 2 Tablespoons of raspberry preserves and using a pastry brush coat the raspberries. Place back into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 8For the Chocolate Butterflies: I found butterfly coloring pictures on the internet, printed them off and then laid a piece of waxed paper over top. I then melted additional chocolate, put it in a small ziplock bag, make a very small snip from the corner and pipe onto the wax paper following the design. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for a couple hours. Recommendation; do not use designs with hollow wings. You need lines that connect for sturdiness.
- 9Garnish with the butterflies just before serving as they do soften quickly, hope you will try making these as they are fun but also challenging. You can also garnish with just fresh mint sprigs in the raspberry mound.