This was made by a bakery in Rochester, NY that I worked at before my chocolate business. I was given the recipe from the owner as a gift. They went out of business years ago, and I certainly was sorry to see that happen.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 ozbittersweet chocolate
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1 Tbspall purpose flour
How to Make Chocolate Decadence
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
grease and flour an 8 inch round pan.
(Spring form is best or disposable aluminum pan and cut side to remove finished dessert.)
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl over bowling water, whisk eggs and sugar until light and lemon colored. Remove from heat and fold in the flour.
- Mix 1/4 of the egg mixture into the chocolate, to blend flour and egg mixture. Then pour remaining egg mixture into chocolate and quickly fold until no more streaks appear. Pour in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F/or 200 degrees C, for 15 minutes.
This will be soft and appear under-baked. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- If desired, melt sweet dark chocolate or milk chocolate and drizzle over cooled decadence. Serve with real whipped cream or butter cream frosting.
This is very rich and will serve 12-16. Refrigerate leftovers.