Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- 2 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
- light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, cold
- egg, slightly beaten
- 2 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 c
- skor english toffee bits, divided
How to Make Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking pan
- 2In a large bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Add egg and mix well. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and the 1 cup of chopped nuts. Reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the hot crust. Top with 1-1/2 cups toffee bits. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 c chocolate chips on top.
- 5Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaing 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cool completely before cutting into bars.