Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
2 1/3 call purpose flour
2/3 clight brown sugar
1 1/2 stickbutter, cold
1egg, slightly beaten
2 csemi sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 cchopped pecans
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 3/4 cskor english toffee bits, divided
How to Make Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking pan
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and mix well. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and the 1 cup of chopped nuts. Reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the hot crust. Top with 1-1/2 cups toffee bits. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 c chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaing 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cool completely before cutting into bars.