Chocolate Cherry Brownies
3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 tspbaking powder
1/3 ccherry preserves (regular or sugar free)
1egg, lightly beaten
1/3 csemi sweet chocolate chips
·powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
Note: Lining the pan with parchment paper helps prevent the moist brownies from sticking.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine cherry preserves, 1/3 cup water, and butter in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Add preserves mixture to flour mixture; stir well. Add egg and egg white; stir until smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.