Chickpea Puppy Chow
I roasted them up without any spices and then made puppy chow with them. Of course, I used Bubba as my normal test subject and he loved them....so did his friends!
How to Make Chickpea Puppy Chow
- Roast Chickpeas:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander, then pat dry. Place in a bowl.
- Coat with oil and toss.
- Line baking sheet pan with foil. Place chickpeas in a single layer on the foil.
- Roast 40 minutes. Turning after 20 minutes and again at 30 minutes. Allow chickpeas to cool completely.
- Prep Chocolate Coating:
In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together. About 30 seconds in the microwave, stirring 1/2 way through.
- Mix cooled chickpeas in chocolate mixture.
- Coat with Powdered Sugar:
The goal is to just get it all evenly covered.
- The easiest way is to sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar into a gallon size Ziploc bag, then add chocolate covered chickpeas and the top with the other 1 cup of sugar.
- Seal bag and shake, shake, shake to cover.
- Store in an airtight container.