Beer, Bacon, Espresso Chipotle "Love" Brownies
- 1/3 c
- dark stout beer (guinness), let stand 15 minutes
- 1 box
- pillsbury mocha fudge brownie mix
- 10 oz
- package of bacon, fried and ground fine
- 3 pkg
- 1.5 oz. reese's peanut butter cups, chilled or frozen
- 2 tsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 tsp
- chipotle chili powder (can sub with regular chili powder)
- 2 tsp
- espresso powder, instant
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1/3 c
- texas brew honey roasted chipotle salsa, any heat
How to Make Beer, Bacon, Espresso Chipotle "Love" Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Using a 9 x 13 will make for thinner brownies.
- 2Pour beer into measuring cup and let stand until ready to add to recipe.
- 3Cook the entire package of bacon until crispy. Cool and grind to a very fine chop. Melt the butter and simmer the ground bacon in the butter. Be patient and all the bacon will be absorbed in the butter. Set aside to cool. Fine chop the peanut-butter cups; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, mix brownie mix with chipotle chili powder and espresso. With a spoon hollow out a well in the middle of the brownie mix. Whisk oil,eggs, salsa and beer until well mixed. Pour mixture into the well. Stir liquid mixture with brownie mix until well blended.
- 5Fold bacon/butter mixture and chopped peanut-butter cups into the brownie mix and stir until well blended.
- 6Pour brownies into baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Be careful to not over bake. These brownies will be rich and very fudge like.
- 7Serve warm with ice cream and a chocolate glaze or top with a little cherry pie filling drizzled with a chocolate glaze. Try making these in mini Bunt pans and fill with cherry pie filling or glaze with some Valentine Red colored icing.