Thin Mint Puppy Chow
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 ozguittards green mint chips (or green candy melts, the thin mints will still make them minty)
5 ozmilk chocolate chips
5 cchex cereal
9thin mint cookies or keebler grasshopper cookies
1 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Thin Mint Puppy Chow
- Divide the Chex cereal into two bowls. 2 1/2 cups in each.
- In a food processor crush 8 thin mint cookies until fine. You can also crush in a gallon size bag with rolling pin.
- In two gallon size bags, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar into each bag with 1/2 of the crushed thin mints into each bag. (It was about 1/2 cup of crushed thin mints.) Set aside.
- Melt the mint chocolate chips (or green candy melts) and milk chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Melt 30 seconds at a time with 1/2 teaspoons shortening in each stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.
- Once melted, stir in the chocolate into the separate bowls with Chex cereal until the Chex are coated well with the chocolate.
- Add the mint chocolate and milk chocolate separately to the gallon sized bags with powdered sugar and crushed thin mints and shake until they are coated.