St. Patrick’s Day Baileys Irish Cream Puppy Chow
If you do use Bailey’s in it, you MUST heat the Bailey’s and chocolate/candy melts together (like, in the same bowl at the same time) when you melt the chocolate. If you melt the chocolate and then add the Baileys, the chocolate will seize and be completely unusable. Trust me – I tested it.
- 5 c
- rice chex cereal, divided
- 5 oz
- white chocolate or white vanilla candy melts
- 5 oz
- green candy melts* (found in craft stores like michaels and hobby lobby)
- 4 Tbsp
- bailey's irish cream, divided
- 1 c
- powdered sugar, divided
- 1 c
- chocolate chips
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Baileys Irish Cream Puppy Chow
- 1Divide the 5 cups rice Chex cereal evenly into a 2 medium sized bowls.
- 2Add green candy melts* and 2 tablespoons Bailey's to a bowl.
- 3Heat the Bailey's and candy melts in the microwave. The Bailey's will come to a boil quite quickly.
- 4At that point, remove the bowl from the microwave and gently whisk until smooth.
- 5Add green candy melt* mixture to one of the bowls of Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the Chex cereal too much.
- 6Add the powdered sugar to the green candy melt covered Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly with powdered sugar.
- 7You could add the Chex cereal and powdered sugar to a Ziploc bag, then shake, but save yourself the bag.
- 8Next, add the white chocolate or vanilla candy melts and 2 tablespoons Bailey's to a bowl. Heat it in the microwave until the Bailey's begins to boil.
- 9Remove the bowl from the microwave and gently whisk until smooth.
- 10If you want to add green food coloring at this point to have a second shade of green (you could also just leave it white), add it now.
- 11Add mixture to the other bowl of Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the Chex cereal too much.
- 12Add the powdered sugar to the white chocolate covered Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly with powdered sugar.
- 13Allow both bowls to dry and then combine with the chocolate chips.
- 14*NOTE:If you don't want to purchase green candy melts, you can add green food coloring to the melted white chocolate.
Start with a drop or two and increase from there to get your desired shade of green.