Salted Monkey Balls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largebananas, mashed (I like frozen)
2 cpeanut butter
2 cpowdered sugar
1/2 pkgchocolate almond bark
How to Make Salted Monkey Balls
- in a stand mixer, blend bananas and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar. Mix well. It will still be kinda sticky.
- Using a small (1oz) cookie scoop, scoop balls. Place 1 inch apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets that fit in your freezer. Balls will spread slightly.
- Freeze for 2-3 hrs.
- Reshape balls by rolling between your palms. Replace onto parchment/cookie sheets, return to freezer for 24 hrs. Balls must be completely frozen before dipping. If not, they'll melt in the chocolate and leave bits ruining the smooth finish of the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Work quickly and in small batches. Leave most balls in the freezer until ready for them. Use a toothpick to gently pick one ball and dip into chocolate. Use a spoon to cover the top. Gently jiggle the ball to assist excess chocolate to drip off. (Too much and it'll pool below the ball.) Place on another parchment/cookie sheet. Sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt. Leave the toothpick in while you dip/sprinkle the next ball.
- Back to the ball before, gently twist the toothpick out.
- With the clean end of a toothpick (or fresh one) take a small dab of melted chocolate and seal the hole. Sprinkle more salt if you like.
- Note: If you don't seal it, the filling with "worm" its way out. Repeat steps 6-8 until all balls are coated.
- Once the chocolate is set, transfer balls into a sealable container. Place in fridge for 2-3 hrs.