Salted Monkey Balls
- 2 large
- bananas, mashed (i like frozen)
- 2 c
- peanut butter
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 pkg
- chocolate almond bark
- kosher salt
How to Make Salted Monkey Balls
- 1in stand mixer, blend bananas and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar. Mix well. It will still be kinda sticky
- 2Using a small (1oz) cookie scoop, scoop balls 1 in apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets that fit in your freezer. Balls will spread slightly. Freeze for 2-3 hrs
- 3Reshape balls by rolling between your palms. Replace onto parchment/cookie sheets, return to freezer for 24 hrs
- 4BALLS MUST BE COMPLETELY FROZEN BEFORE DIPPING! IF NOT, THEY'LL MELT IN THE CHOCOLATE AND LEAVE BITS, RUINING THE SMOOTH FINISH OF THE CHOCOLATE!
- 5Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- 6WORK QUICKLY AND IN SMALL BATCHES, LEAVING MOST BALLS IN THE FREEZER TIL READY FOR THEM
- 7Use a toothpick to gently pick one ball and dip into chocolate, using a spoon to cover top. Gently jiggle the ball to assist excess chocolate to drip off. (too much, and it'll pool below the ball) Place on another parchment/cookie sheet. Sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt. Leave the toothpick in while you dip/sprinkle the next ball
- 8Back to the ball before, gently twist the toothpick out. With clean end of toothpick (or fresh one) take a small dab of melted chocolate and seal the hole. Sprinkle more salt if you like
- 9*IF YOU DONT SEAL IT, THE FILLING WILL "WORM" ITS WAY OUT!
- 10Repeat steps 7-8 til all balls are coated
- 11Once the chocolate is set, transfer balls into sealable container. Place in fridge for 2-3 hrs