1/2 ccorn syrup, light
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 ccoarsely crushed pork rinds (regular, or hot and spicy) or 2 generous cups corn nuts
How to Make Pork Rind Brittle and Corn Nut Brittle
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Boil on medium-high heat without stirring until the mixture turns a golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the butter, salt and baking soda. Stir rapidly to blend well. Stir in the pork rinds or corn nuts.
- Quickly pour the mixture onto the foiled baking sheet and spread evenly with a greased spatula. Cool completely.
- Break the brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.