Peppermint Bark Puppy Chow
But when I was 18 I went to my first White Elephant party and someone gave a box of peppermint bark–That was the gift everyone wanted. [end-story]
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 7 c
- rice chex cereal
- 2 c
- ghiradelli white melts (or almond bark)*
- 1 3/4 c
- crushed candy canes, about 15 or so
- *use something that is meant to be melted and used for candy, most white chocolate chips don't melt down thin enough
How to Make Peppermint Bark Puppy Chow
- 1Place cereal in a large bowl.
- 2Melt your white melts or almond bark on the stove top over medium-low heat and stir until smooth.
- 3Pour melted goodness over cereal and gently fold until covered.
- 4Dump into a large plastic bag (or large Tupperware with a top) and add crushed candy canes.
- 5Shake. Shake. Shake until covered.
- 6Dump onto a cookie sheet or wax paper to cool.
Puppy chow/muddy buddies aren't an exact science, you can always add more chocolate or less cereal depending on your taste!
Serve in cute Christmas goody bags to give to neighbors, friends and family!