Peanut Butter Cup Dessert
- 1 3/4 c
- peanut butter creme filled sandwich cookies (about 12 / 14), finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, melted
- 10 pkg
- (6 oz ea) peanut butter cup candy, chopped, divided
- 1/4 c
- peanut butter
- 1 1/2 c
- cold milk
- 2 pkg
- (3.4 oz ea) butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling
- container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- velvety chocolate sauce, optional
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Dessert
- 1Finely chop cookies using a food processor, or food chopper, combine with butter in a 1 quart mixing bowl.
Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Spring Form pan, or a large trifle bowl
Refrigerate while preparing filling
- 2Coarsley chop six peanut butter cup candies using food processor, or food chopper.
Cut remaining peanut butter cups into quarters, set aside for garnish.
- 3Measure peanut butter into 2 quart mixing bowl, gradually whisk in milk.
Whisk in pudding mix until it is dissolved and begins to thicken.
- 4Fold 1 1/2 cups (1/2 container) whipped topping and chopped candies into peanut butter mixture until well blended; spread evenly over crust.
Spread remaining whipped topping over peanut butter filling
- 5Garnish with remaining peanut butter cup candies; drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.
Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Substitute 20 minature peanut cup candies for the 6 ounce packages of peanut butter cup candy.
Substitute hot fudge sauce or ice cream topping for the velvety chocolate sauce if desired.
For best results, refrigerate peanut butter cup candies before chopping.