☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1½ teaspoon baking soda
·1 teaspoon water
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·1 ½ cups sugar
·1 cup water
·1 cup light corn syrup
·3 tablespoons butter
·3 cups shelled unroasted peanuts
How to Make Peanut Brittle
- Butter 1 large baking sheet; keep warm. (Baking sheet maybe kept in a low heated oven)
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda 1 teaspoon water, and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup water, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to 240 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter and peanuts. Cook and stir constantly to 300 degrees, and watch carefully so mixture does not burn.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the small bowl mixture of soda, water, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove baking sheet from warm oven and quickly pour the candy mixture onto the warm baking sheet; spread evenly and very thinly. Cool completely.
- When candy has cooled, break into pieces. Store into an airtight container in a cool place.