☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups shelled unroasted peanuts
How to Make Peanut Brittle
- 1Butter 1 large baking sheet; keep warm. (Baking sheet maybe kept in a low heated oven)
- 2In a small bowl, combine baking soda 1 teaspoon water, and vanilla; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup water, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to 240 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- 4Stir in the butter and peanuts. Cook and stir constantly to 300 degrees, and watch carefully so mixture does not burn.
- 5Immediately remove from heat and stir in the small bowl mixture of soda, water, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- 6Remove baking sheet from warm oven and quickly pour the candy mixture onto the warm baking sheet; spread evenly and very thinly. Cool completely.
- 7When candy has cooled, break into pieces. Store into an airtight container in a cool place.