Mocha Puppy Chow
The smell–I love it. Maybe it’s because I’m a Texas girl and we have a Starbucks on every corner or maybe it just brings back cozy memories. Either way, I always linger when I pass by the coffee in the grocery store and I read all the snazzy flavors to myself in my head.
And the second thing? You’ve Got Mail, the movie, the Starbucks scene to be exact.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
7 crice chex cereal
1 1/2 cchocolate melts (or chocolate chips plus 1/3 c. peanut butter)
3/4 cbrownie mix, the powdered kind only
2 Tbspinstant coffee granules, smashed (i used nescafe clasico)
2 cchocolate covered espresso beans
How to Make Mocha Puppy Chow
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place chocolate melts (or chocolate chips and peanut butter) in a microwave proof bowl and set aside.
- Put brownie mix and instant coffee in a large plastic bag and shake to combine evenly. (Add more of less coffee depending on how strong you want it.)
- To smash my granules, I put them in a small ziplock bag and used the bottom of a cup to crunch them up.
- Microwave chocolate for 40 seconds, remove and stir.
- Continue to microwave and stir unti smooth
- Pour chocolate over Rice Chex and gently fold until coated.
- Dump cereal into your plastic bag with brownie mix/coffee, seal, and shake, shake, shake until coated.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet or wax paper to let cool.
- Toss with chocolate covered espresso beans.