Microwave Peanut Brittle
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 to 1-1/2 cpeanuts or nut of your choice
1/2 clight karo syrup
1/8 tspsalt (if nuts are unsalted)
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Generously butter a cookie sheet
- Use a 1-1/2 quart or larger microwave safe bowl.
- Mix peanuts, sugar, karo syrup and salt (if using). Cover with a paper towel
- Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave oven and stir. Recover with paper towel.
- Microwave on high 4 more minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add butter and vanilla. Stir and recover.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave. Add baking soda and stir. (It will foam up a bunch)
- Pour onto buttered baking sheet, spread as thinly as nuts will allow.
- Let set approximately 1 hour until cool. Break into pieces and store in a tightly covered container.
- **Depending on microwave wattage, you may need to adjust time so it doesn't get too dark.
**Use nylon spoon to stir and rubber spatula to spread on pan. These seem to not stick as much as a metal utensil does.