Microwave Peanut Brittle
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 to 1-1/2 c
- peanuts or nut of your choice
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- light karo syrup
- 1/8 tsp
- salt (if nuts are unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1Generously butter a cookie sheet
- 2Use a 1-1/2 quart or larger microwave safe bowl.
- 3Mix peanuts, sugar, karo syrup and salt (if using). Cover with a paper towel
- 4Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- 5Remove from microwave oven and stir. Recover with paper towel.
- 6Microwave on high 4 more minutes.
- 7Remove from microwave and add butter and vanilla. Stir and recover.
- 8Microwave on high 1 minute.
- 9Remove from microwave. Add baking soda and stir. (It will foam up a bunch)
- 10Pour onto buttered baking sheet, spread as thinly as nuts will allow.
- 11Let set approximately 1 hour until cool. Break into pieces and store in a tightly covered container.
- 12**Depending on microwave wattage, you may need to adjust time so it doesn't get too dark.
**Use nylon spoon to stir and rubber spatula to spread on pan. These seem to not stick as much as a metal utensil does.