Cream Cheese Mints
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkg8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cbutter, softened
2 lbpowdered sugar
·a few drops of food coloring (as desired)
1/2 tsppeppermint, wintergreen, lemon, or any extract(s) of your choice.
How to Make Cream Cheese Mints
- Combine cream cheese and butter in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir over low heat until cheese is soft, butter is melted, and mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
- Add your choice of food coloring and flavoring. If desired, divide the whole batch to male 2 or more colors choices, adding extract to taste.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper and press with fork or cookie stamp.
- Let stand, uncovered, about 4 hours or overnight, until mints are firm and outside is dry, but inside is still moist and creamy.