Cream Cheese Mints
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 2 lb
- powdered sugar
- a few drops of food coloring (as desired)
- 1/2 tsp
- peppermint, wintergreen, lemon, or any extract(s) of your choice.
How to Make Cream Cheese Mints
- 1Combine cream cheese and butter in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir over low heat until cheese is soft, butter is melted, and mixture is thoroughly blended.
- 2Add powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
- 3Add your choice of food coloring and flavoring. If desired, divide the whole batch to male 2 or more colors choices, adding extract to taste.
- 4Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper and press with fork or cookie stamp.
- 5Let stand, uncovered, about 4 hours or overnight, until mints are firm and outside is dry, but inside is still moist and creamy.