~ Coconut Cream Eggs ~
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 - 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each - vanilla & coconut extract
- 1 - 14 oz
- sweetened, flaked coconut
- 2 lb
- bag, confectioners' sugar
- 1 lb
- melting chocolate - i use ghiradelli white chocolate
I DOUBLED THIS RECIPE AS I WAS MAKING LARGER EGGS
How to Make ~ Coconut Cream Eggs ~
- 1In a medium bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, extracts and salt. Next stir in the coconut.
I use my hands for the next part. Mix in all of the confectioners sugar a little at a time, making sure it's incorporated well.
Shape into a block and wrap in waxed paper, Chill.
When ready to shape the coconut into desired size, I slice into long slices and them into even squares. Now shape as desired. I made large eggs. You can make eggs or patty shapes.
Melt chocolate in microwave or, starting with 60 seconds then stir, finish melting in 30 second intervals.
I use a large meat fork to dip the eggs, leave excess drip off and then slide off the fork onto parchment or waxed paper. Can decorate if you desire.
We decorated ours with colored chocolate that we dyed with food coloring.