Chocolate covered cherries
How to Make Chocolate covered cherries
- Melt a stick of butter/margarine in large bowl. Stir in box of powdered sugar. Add tsp vanilla. Add milk, just enough to make a dough with your hands. This is your fondant.
- Drain jar(s) cherries. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Working with your fingers, pinch off a small amount of fondant. Flatten and place cherry in middle. Wrap dough around cherry. Roll in a ball then place on a greased cookie sheet. After you have done this to all the cherries, place cookie sheet in refrigerator until candies are firm.
- In the meantime, melt the almond bark. This can be done in the microwave. In my original recipe (back in the old days) this called for using a bag of chocolate chips melted in a double boiler with some paraffin. Using almond bark is quicker and taste great.
- After cherries are firm, dip in chocolate. Place back on cookie sheet and refrigerate til set. As an added bonus, I also melt a little white chocolate and sling it all over the dark chocolate for an elegant look.
- Now eat and enjoy!!