Caramel Apple Puppy Chow
I brought it with me over the weekend to visit my family. It was a big hit. So hard to stop eating once you get started.
10 ozvanilla candy melts, vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
5 crice chex cereal
1 pkgcaramel frosting creations flavor mix
1 1/2 cdry apple cake or muffin mix
1 smallbag of apple chips
How to Make Caramel Apple Puppy Chow
- Pour rice chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Slowly melt the almond bark in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds or so to stir it and make sure it doesn’t burn
- Add package of caramel frosting creations to melted almond bark and stir until combined
- Add melted almond bark mixture to chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the chex cereal too much.
- Add the dry muffin mix to the Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. You could add the Chex cereal and cake mix to a Ziploc bag, then shake, but save yourself the bag.
- Allow Chex to dry
- Add broken pieces of apple chips.