Caramel Apple Puppy Chow
I brought it with me over the weekend to visit my family. It was a big hit. So hard to stop eating once you get started.
- 10 oz
- vanilla candy melts, vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
- 5 c
- rice chex cereal
- 1 pkg
- caramel frosting creations flavor mix
- 1 1/2 c
- dry apple cake or muffin mix
- 1 small
- bag of apple chips
How to Make Caramel Apple Puppy Chow
- 1Pour rice chex cereal into a large bowl.
- 2Slowly melt the almond bark in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds or so to stir it and make sure it doesn’t burn
- 3Add package of caramel frosting creations to melted almond bark and stir until combined
- 4Add melted almond bark mixture to chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the chex cereal too much.
- 5Add the dry muffin mix to the Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. You could add the Chex cereal and cake mix to a Ziploc bag, then shake, but save yourself the bag.
- 6Allow Chex to dry
- 7Add broken pieces of apple chips.