Candy Cane Fudge
- 20 oz
- vanilla baking chips (or white baking morsels)
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4-1 tsp
- peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 c
- finely crushed candy canes
- drops red food coloring
How to Make Candy Cane Fudge
- 1Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat the bottom of the foil with butter. Set baking pan aside.
- 2In a medium size saucepan, combine the vanilla chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the vanilla chips are melted.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir (to remove any lumps that might be left from partially un-melted chips).
- 4When chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract and crushed candy canes. Spread the fudge mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- 5Dot the top of the fudge with several drops of food coloring. With a butter knife, cut through the fudge and food coloring, making a swirling pattern throughout the fudge. (NOTE: I used about 9 drops of food coloring. But feel free to reduce or increase that, depending on the amount of swirling you wish in your fudge).
- 6Chill for 2 hours. Remove the fudge from the baking pan by lifting the foil from both ends. Transfer fudge to cutting board, and cut into 1-inch squares.