Candy Cane Fudge
20 ozvanilla baking chips (or white baking morsels)
14 ozcan sweetened condensed milk
3/4-1 tsppeppermint extract
1 1/2 cfinely crushed candy canes
8-10drops red food coloring
How to Make Candy Cane Fudge
- Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat the bottom of the foil with butter. Set baking pan aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the vanilla chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the vanilla chips are melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir (to remove any lumps that might be left from partially un-melted chips).
- When chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract and crushed candy canes. Spread the fudge mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Dot the top of the fudge with several drops of food coloring. With a butter knife, cut through the fudge and food coloring, making a swirling pattern throughout the fudge. (NOTE: I used about 9 drops of food coloring. But feel free to reduce or increase that, depending on the amount of swirling you wish in your fudge).
- Chill for 2 hours. Remove the fudge from the baking pan by lifting the foil from both ends. Transfer fudge to cutting board, and cut into 1-inch squares.