BUCKEYES (Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls)
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- creamy peanut butter (do not use freshly ground or old-fashioned style)
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter (1/2 stick),room temperature
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb
- semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or chips)
How to Make BUCKEYES (Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls)
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- 2Cover and refrigerate 4 hrs. or overnight.
- 3Form mixture into 3/4 inch diameter balls.
- 4Place on baking sheet and freeze 1 hr.
- 5Line additional baking sheets with waxed paper.
- 6Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- 7Remove from over water.
- 8Take 1/4 of the peanut butter balls from freezer.
- 9Stick a toothpick in one and dip into chocolate, coating 3/4 of the ball; let excess chocolate drip back into pan.
- 10Place chocolate side down on prepared sheet.
- 11Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls.
- 12Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- 13Place each in a paper candy cup or mini muffin liner; store in airtight container in refrigerator.