BUCKEYES (Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls)
2 cpowdered sugar
1 1/2 ccreamy peanut butter (do not use freshly ground or old-fashioned style)
1/4 cunsalted butter (1/2 stick), room temperature
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 lbsemisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or chips)
How to Make BUCKEYES (Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls)
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hrs. or overnight.
- Form mixture into 3/4 inch diameter balls.
- Place on baking sheet and freeze 1 hr.
- Line additional baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from over water.
- Take 1/4 of the peanut butter balls from freezer.
- Stick a toothpick in one and dip into chocolate, coating 3/4 of the ball; let excess chocolate drip back into pan.
- Place chocolate side down on prepared sheet.
- Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- Place each in a paper candy cup or mini muffin liner; store in airtight container in refrigerator.