Bacon Chipotle Chocolate Truffles
If that special someone handed me a box of chipotle bacon truffles however, I can pretty much guarantee no sappy love cards would be needed. Bacon equals love in my book, and a box of these truffles is all I would need.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 ozplus 1 cup chocolate chips (use a combination of semisweet and dark, according to your preferences)
1 cheavy cream
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 3/4 tspchipotle chili powder, divided
1/4 tspkosher salt
1 Tbspcoconut oil
4 slicecooked bacon, minced, 1 tablespoon grease reserved
How to Make Bacon Chipotle Chocolate Truffles
- Place heavy cream, vanilla, 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder, salt and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir.
- Add 12 ounces of the chocolate chips and the coconut oil to the pan and stir constantly until melted and smooth. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, up to overnight.
- Once the mixture is solid, scoop out about 1 teaspoon (if you have a melon baller, that's the perfect tool for this) of the chocolate mixture and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Continue doing this until all the chocolate is rolled out into balls.
- If the mixture gets too warm to work with at any point, put it back in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden.
- Refrigerate the chocolate balls for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the minced bacon and remaining chipotle chili powder in a small bowl.
- Melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips with the reserved bacon grease in another small bowl.
- Remove the chocolate balls from the refrigerator, dip one at a time in the chocolate, removing with a fork and tapping the excess chocolate off onto the side of the bowl.
- Place the truffle back onto the baking sheet and top with a pinch of the bacon mixture.
- Alternatively, if you don't want to dip all the balls in chocolate, you can just roll some of them in the bacon mixture to coat the whole exterior of the ball.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.