Bacon Chipotle Chocolate Truffles
If that special someone handed me a box of chipotle bacon truffles however, I can pretty much guarantee no sappy love cards would be needed. Bacon equals love in my book, and a box of these truffles is all I would need.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 12 oz
- plus 1 cup chocolate chips (use a combination of semisweet and dark, according to your preferences)
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 tsp
- chipotle chili powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 4 slice
- cooked bacon, minced, 1 tablespoon grease reserved
How to Make Bacon Chipotle Chocolate Truffles
- 1Place heavy cream, vanilla, 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder, salt and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir.
- 2Add 12 ounces of the chocolate chips and the coconut oil to the pan and stir constantly until melted and smooth. Turn off the heat.
- 3Pour the chocolate mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, up to overnight.
- 4Once the mixture is solid, scoop out about 1 teaspoon (if you have a melon baller, that's the perfect tool for this) of the chocolate mixture and roll into a ball in your hands.
- 5Place on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- 6Continue doing this until all the chocolate is rolled out into balls.
- 7If the mixture gets too warm to work with at any point, put it back in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden.
- 8Refrigerate the chocolate balls for 30 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, combine the minced bacon and remaining chipotle chili powder in a small bowl.
- 10Melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips with the reserved bacon grease in another small bowl.
- 11Remove the chocolate balls from the refrigerator, dip one at a time in the chocolate, removing with a fork and tapping the excess chocolate off onto the side of the bowl.
- 12Place the truffle back onto the baking sheet and top with a pinch of the bacon mixture.
- 13Alternatively, if you don't want to dip all the balls in chocolate, you can just roll some of them in the bacon mixture to coat the whole exterior of the ball.
- 14Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.