White Chocolate Mousse Key Lime Cheesecake
- 2 c
- graham crackers
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 6 Tbsp
- key lime juice
- 1 pkg
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 c
- heavy cream divided
- 10 oz
- white chocolate chopped
- 3 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- lima zest
- 1 1/2 oz
- white chocolate grated or shaved for garnish
- candied lime or peel fr garnished
- 2 c
- 2 c
How to Make White Chocolate Mousse Key Lime Cheesecake
Mix together the cracker, sugar, and butter. Press the mixture into bottom and 1-inche up the sides of a 10-inch spring form pan. Set aside
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the lime juice. Whisk in the gelatin and 1/2 cup of the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Remove the pan from the hear. Add 10 ounces of chopped white chocolate, stir until smooth. Allow to cool.
- 3Using a electric mixer, blend together the cream chess, sugar and lime zest in a medium bowl until smooth. Slowly beat into the cooled white chocolate mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- 4Using clean, dry beaters, beat the reaming 2-cups heavy cram in a small bowl until it forms soft peaks. Fold it into the white chocolate mixture and pout into the pie crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 5Remove from freezer and run a sharp knife around inside of springform pan to help loosen the pie. Release springform from the bottom of the pan and transfer the pie to serving plate. Grate or curl the white chocolate over the top and garnished with candied limes. Cut into wedges with a knife that has been dipped into hot water and serve.
- 6Candied Limes
Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to boil over medium heat. Add the lime glance for a couple of minuets. Set aside
Put the limes in another medium saucepan and cover with equal parts of sugar and water. Simmer, covered over low heat for 1 hour. Remove the limes and drain until almost dry. Roll into sugar and set aside to dry.
- 7You can also garnished with fresh limes, squeezing the lime over the sliced cheesecake give it a little zing...