- 8 inch round cakes
- 6 inch round cakes
- 10 c
- buttercream icing
- fondant rocks , approximately 20 large and 15 small
- piped pine trees, approximately eight of various sizes
- a ten inch round cake board
- serrated knife
- small paring knife
- rolled fondant (white)
- disposable piping bags and couplers
- paint brush
- palette knife
- cake decorating tips # 234(two) and #23
- food coloring (2 types of green)
- sparkle gel (white and blue)
- decorating gel (blue)
How to Make Waterfall Cake
- 2Use four cups of buttercream to fill and stack the cakes. Chill the stacked cakes.Take the chilled stacked cakes and using a serrated knife slice the front section of the 6 inch cake and 8 inch cake off on an angle creating a slope. Brush crumbs off cake. Ice the entire surface of the cakes with dark green buttercream. Do not smooth the icing out.
- 7Fill disposable piping bag topped with a coupler and #234 decorating tip with light green icing .Use lighter green icing to make grass along the base and in bunchs on the various levels.
Continue to add elements to the cake on all levels until a rustic wild scene is created. Use both shades of green to provide nice contrast for the grasses surrounding the cake.
- 9When the entire surface of the falls is covered with blue sparkle gel squeeze a little white gel where the middle rock is in the “water”. Also create foam at the bottom with the white sparkle gel. Use the paint brush to swirl the foam up realistically.
Squeeze blue decorating gel (darker) in lines down the falls and use the paintbrush to make darker water swirls.