Toffee Caramel Apple Cake
2 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 cvegetable oil
3 call purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
2 1/2 cdiced apples
1 cchopped walnuts (optional)
1 cheath bar toffee bits
1 clight brown sugar
How to Make Toffee Caramel Apple Cake
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar, eggs, and oil.
- Add flour and cinnamon; mix together until well blended. (batter will be thick)
- Add vanilla, nuts, and diced apples.
- Spread into a lightly greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking dish; bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Caramel sauce - combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Use a butter knife or end of a wooden spoon to poke slits/holes in the warm cake. Pour caramel sauce over cake and sprinkle Heath Bar toffee bits over top of caramel sauce.
- An alternate caramel sauce:
1 bag Kraft caramels unwrapped
1/3 cup evaporated milk
Combine caramels and evaporated milk in a glass bowl. Melt in microwave in 30 second increments.