To-Die-For Buttermilk Pound Cake
How to Make To-Die-For Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 9" or 10" tube or bundt cake pan.
- Measure 3 cups flour by spooning lightly into measuring cup and level off. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar well. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add extracts and beat mixture until very light and fluffy, up to four minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Carefully pour batter into prepared pan. Gently smooth the top surface of the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven. DO NOT open oven door until after one hour. When cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, it is done. NOTE: Some ovens will require longer baking than others.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to finish cooling. If cake doesn't want to release completely from the pan, tap lightly on top and sides of the upside-down pan with a spoon.