Three Musketeer Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake recipe is so yummy! There are a few steps, but the end result is worth it. The chocolate frosting is creamy and not overly sweet. The filling's a bit thicker and really reminds me of the candy bar. If you have any leftovers, I'd store them in the fridge. But, it's so good, there may not be any.
- 1 box
- Duncan Hines devil's food cake mix
- 3 large
- 1/3 c
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1 c
- 3 box
- instant chocolate pudding (Jello brand)
- 2 pkg
- cool whip
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese (8oz), room temp
- 1 1/2 c
- 2% milk
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Three Musketeer Chocolate Cake
- 5When the cake is cool, use a frosting spatula to slip around the outer edging of the cake to make sure it's not sticking to the pan. Then take a cookie sheet, place on top of cake, hold tightly together and flip quickly, set flat on table, tap the bottom of cake pan a few times, lift cake pan off the now upside down cake, take a cake knife or any long knife and cut evenly down the center splitting the cake into 2 sections. Once separated, flip and place the bottom half of the cake back in the pan or on a tray.
- 6Remove chocolate filling from fridge and stir a few times to make it easier to spread on the bottom layer of the cake. Once all of the chocolate filling has been spooned on the bottom layer of the cake, smooth over to make it evenly across the entire cake. Then flip and place the top half of the cake back on the bottom.