"The Kid's Smoothie Angel Cake"
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- caster sugar
- egg whites ( u can use liquid egg whites from a carton if they are avalible in the us)
- finely grated zest of 2 large lemons
- 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp
- passion fruit juice fresh
- 1 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make "The Kid's Smoothie Angel Cake"
- 1Heat oven to 325F. Use an Angel Cake pan 23-25 cm
DO NOT GREASE IT!
- 2Sift flour and 1/2 the castor sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Put Egg Whites in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer on high for 1 min until frothy. Add the lemon zest, and lemon and passion fruit juices, cream of tartar and salt and continue whisking for 2 mins intil soft peaks form
- 4Whisking on high speed add remainder of sugar 1 tbsp at a time and whisk until soft peaks form
- 5Fold in flour 1/3 at a time with a metal spoon or spatula, gently as not to loose the air.
- 6Transfer the mix to the tin. Place in a heated oven for 30-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
- 7Remove the tin from the oven and immediately turn it up side down and support the centre of the tin on a can or jam jar. Leave like this until completely cooled
- 8Whip cream and add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Spread on top of cooled cake. Drizzle with squeezed fresh passion fruit.