- 1 box
- strawberry cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 10 oz
- sliced, sweetened frozen strawberries, thawed
- 8 oz
- cool whip
- 1 box
- vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh strawberries, halved (enough to cover top of cake)
How to Make Strawberry Refrigerator Cake
- 1Bake cake according to directions on box for a 9 X 13 pan. Cool completely.
- 2Once cake is completely cooled, poke holes in cake with the handle of a wooden spoon (round handle), or similar item.
- 3Puree thawed sweetened strawberries, pour over cake. Be sure the puree is filling the holes. Place cake in refrigerator while you make the topping.
- 4Whisk pudding mix & milk together until combined, fold in cool whip.
- 5Spread pudding mixture on top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Place halved strawberries on cake just before serving.