Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars
It must have been destiny.
I totally brightened up the flavor with fresh lime juice and zest and added some yummy white chocolate chips into the mix for fun. I love how pretty and pink they are and just so fabulously ooey-gooey. Perfection!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
115.25 oz box strawberry cake mix
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
1 largeegg, room temperature
1lime, zested and juiced
2/3 cwhite chocolate chips
1/2 csweetened condensed milk
·lime zest for top of bars
How to Make Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat butter with a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add in cake mix, egg, lime juice and zest and continue beating until combined.
- Press about two-thirds of the cake mixture onto the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate.
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the top of the sweetened condensed milk, trying to spread it out as much as possible. Press lightly.
- Bake for 29-32 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- Top with additional lime zest if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.