Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars
It must have been destiny.
I totally brightened up the flavor with fresh lime juice and zest and added some yummy white chocolate chips into the mix for fun. I love how pretty and pink they are and just so fabulously ooey-gooey. Perfection!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 15.25 oz box strawberry cake mix
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large
- egg, room temperature
- lime, zested and juiced
- 2/3 c
- white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- lime zest for top of bars
How to Make Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Beat butter with a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- 4Add in cake mix, egg, lime juice and zest and continue beating until combined.
- 5Press about two-thirds of the cake mixture onto the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top.
- 7Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate.
- 8Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the top of the sweetened condensed milk, trying to spread it out as much as possible. Press lightly.
- 9Bake for 29-32 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- 10Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- 11Top with additional lime zest if desired.
- 12Store in an airtight container for up to a week.