Strawberry Filled Cake With Vanilla Frosting
- 1 box
- 15.25oz. strawberry cake mix (betty crocker) plus water, oil, & eggs as directed
- 1 can(s)
- chilled 21 oz. wilderness strawberry pie filling or fresh strawberries sliced up
- 3 c
- powdered sugar, more if needed
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 2-3 Tbsp
- coffeemate vanilla creamer or reg. milk
- 1 tsp
- vannila bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp
- strawberry extract
VANILLA BEAN STRAWBERRY FROSTING
How to Make Strawberry Filled Cake With Vanilla Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Mix your cake mix according to package directions adding your water, oil, and eggs. Pour batter into two parchment lined 9'inch cake pans.
- 2Bake at 350 for 30-35 or until cake tests done in center. Remove and let cakes "cool completely". Remove parchment paper and place first layer upside down. place all but 1 Tablespoon of chilled filling (saved for top center of cake) on first layer and spread evenly.
- 3Place 2nd cooled layer face up on filling and make sure sides measure up. Frosting- In mixer place butter, powdered sugar, creamer, bean paste, and strawberry extract and blend until frosting is very thick and creamy. You may need more powdered sugar or more creamer to reach a very thick frosting. Thick frosting helps to keep the pie filling from leaking out. Frost sides then top of cake and place your 1 Tablespoons of pie fill on center top of cake. I place the cake in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.