Strawberry Dream Cake
- 1 pkg
- duncan hines french vanilla cake mix
- 3 large
- 1/4 c
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 c
- water (bottled ice mountain is what i use)
- 2 box
- "strawberry creme" pudding mix (jello brand)
- 2 pkg
- cool whip topping 8oz each
- 1 pkg
- philadelphia cream cheese (8oz)
- 1 c
- 2% milk
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Strawberry Dream Cake
- 3Bake in oven for 26-29 minutes according to box. While that's baking, mix cream cheese (blends best at room temp.), 1/2 cup milk, & 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Then add the the last box of strawberry creme mix and the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, blending well... then lastly blend 1 whole tub of cool whip to the mix and refrigerate until needed for filling.
- 4When the cake is cool... Use a frosting spatula to slip around the outer edging of the cake to make sure its not sticking to the pan. Then take a cookie sheet, place on top of cake, hold tightly together and flip quickly, set flat on table, tap the bottom of cake pan a few times, lift cake pan off the now upside down cake, take a cake knife or any long knife and cut evenly down the center splitting the cake into 2 sections. Once separated flip and place the bottom half of the cake back in the pan or on a tray.
- 5Remove filling from fridge, stir a few times to make it easier to spread on the bottom layer of the cake... once all of the filling has been spooned on the bottom layer of the cake... smooth over to make it evenly across the entire cake, then flip and place the top half of the cake back on the bottom.